An easy yet impressive party dish is a Marinated Layer Salad. Serve it in a punch bowl or terrine. When it you are short on time this is a simple solution for an impressive and delicious dish.
Use any combination of the following. Don's be shy about adding a few of your own favorite ingredients.
- 1 package hearty mixed greens or spinach
- 1/2 head shredded red cabbage
- 5 carrots, grated
- 1 cucumber, grated
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 2 cup chick peas or cannellini beans, rinsed
- 3 cup green peas
- 1 bermuda onion, sliced thin
- 1 large beet roasted and chopped
- 2 cups black or green olives
- 2 cups corn kernels
For the Dressing:
- 1/3 cup Rosemary, Hot Pepper and Garlic Vinegar
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise or plain greek yogurt
- 2 tsp Tomato & Parsley Spice
Spread mixed greens into the bottom of a large serving dish. Evenly cover the greens with layers of the remaining vegetables and beans. Mix mayonnaise (or yogurt for a more heart healthy dressing), vinegar and Tomato & Parsley Vinaigrette and pour over the salad. Top with green onion. Cover and refrigerate for 30 to 45 min to marinate before serving.
We Love to Share -
Shipped Directly to You, Free of Charge