A galette is simple variation of the traditional pie.
- 2 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 5 tbsp ice water
- 1 tbsp Orange RosemaryVinegar
In a large bowl, combine flour and salt.
With 2 knives cut in butter and shortening, until the entire mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually add water and vinegar until the dough comes together. Use your hands to make sure the ingredients are fully mixed together. Form dough intoa disk, wrap in plastic and chill for 15 minutes.
- 6 apples, peeled and slices
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tbs Russian Mulling Spice
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, if you like
On a preheated baking stone, roll out dough, forming an 18" circle. spoon the fruit mixture onto the dough, leaving a 3" border. Using a spatula, fold the border over the fruit. In the center, the fruit will be visible.